Tuesday 18 October 2016

The one who can't sleep

I watched her figure, as she was getting ready for bed. I laid there waiting for her to come to me and hug me with her little arms. I had been sleeping all day, I'm not lazy, I just can't move by myself. The world hasn't given me the opportunity and it's just a tragic fate that I have to live with everyday. Sometimes, you know, I wish I could be like Ted, from that one silly movie I once watched. Moving around freely on my own, without anyone's help. I drifted from my thoughts once I saw her come out of the washroom to put her pajamas on. When she was all ready to sleep, my eyes clearly brightened up. I couldn't help but admire her beautiful laughter. There she was, looking like a panda who couldn't wait even one more second to fall flat on the surface of this not-so-very-soft-bed. Finally! The moment I've been waiting for! HUUUGS!!
-
There I was, laying in his arms with no worries inside my tremendously complicated sometimes-like-a-fish-peanut-brain. I had nothing in my head, it was blank for the first time in this tiring, long week. I couldn't be happier. It was like the happy ending of my every day routine.
-
She moved around a lot, she had a hard time finding the right position to sleep on. Luckily for me, I can sleep properly on any positions anywhere so it's not a problem for me if she keeps moving around a lot. We don't have to fight about it you know.
“I have always been a light sleeper, just like my mom”, she says with a soft voice as she keeps struggling to fall asleep.
-
I couldn't sleep again. Ofcourse. Normally, it takes me about half an hour to fall asleep on my bed, but I just couldn't do it. I struggled to keep his arms on me because I didn't want to wake him up. I haven't ever seen him angry and I certainly didn't want this to be the first time. Two hours had passed and I still laid there looking like a dead body trying to find the secrets of why I wasn't granted the superpowers of being a heavy/fast sleeper. I looked beside me. I was sooo very jealous of his ability to sleep properly everyday. How? HOW do you people do it? Give me some of your extra sleep that you don't need because you actually had some work to do instead. Please grant me some sleep!!, thank you..... Anyways, after a while I was hesitating between giving up on sleeping for the night and go bingewatch some K2 (kdrama) without any subtitles (cause I'm a hardcore fan like that) or go eat some happiness to fill my belly so that there's some food in my life. Obviously, I chose happiness.
-
Suddenly I was being carried away on her arms downstairs. I guessed she was hungry. One of the reasons why she can't sleep at night is because she's always hungry. Sometimes she wakes up in the middle of the night just to go fill her empty belly. Then she comes back right away to fall back asleep. She didn't walk back upstairs this time though. Instead, she opened the balcony door in this cold winter weather to suck some fresh air into her nose when she could've just opened her big ass window. She's weird sometimes.
-
After I ate some food, I decided to go get some fresh air because I was feeling so stuffy. I opened the door and inhaled some fresh midnight air with my eyes closed. Once I opened my eyes, I saw the most beautiful thing I'd seen in a long time. The moon. I let my thoughts run free through my head in hope that I'd get some sleep later. I was surprised I didn't cry or had some water drops run out my tired eyes, I also didn't have red eyes. I looked perfectly normal on the outside. I didn't even look like a panda from lack of sleep! I got a pretty good 30 minutes look at the moon and decided that it was time for war again.
Will I win or the i-won't-let-you-sleep-tonight-monster win? We'll see!
-
We came back to her room after she stared at the moon for about 30 minutes. She laid on her bed again and hugged me tightly. I fell asleep right away. While I was drifting away to sleep, I noticed her eyes twinkling. Right before the sleep monster took me in, I saw a tear roll down her eyes.
-              
“Thank you for being by my side when I am feeling alone.
  Thank you for being there for me.”   - Sleepless monster



No comments:

Post a Comment