Saturday 2 July 2016

Being a Christian in Belgium (BACIB) part 1

I am a Christian, but what is a Christian? what does it mean to be a Christian? Is it just some religious person who believes in "some god", that might or might not be there? Is it some goodie-good person who follows all the rules? Is it someone with a sad life hoping for a better life after they die? In this series I will talk about what a Christian is and how I live as a Christian here in Belgium (BACIB).
Today I am going to start with what a Christian is and what it means to be a Christian.

I looked up the word Christian on google and it said "a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Christianity." What does it mean to receive Christian baptism or to be a believer in Christ?


 First I'll start with what it means to be a believer in Christ.

To me a believer in Christ believes that Jesus has died for you! That He is the truth! That He died to save you, so that you can be set free just as it says in John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." and if you read some chapters after that in John 14:6 Jesus says "I am the truth, the way and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me" . I also believe that God has plan for my life and that my life isn't only mine, but also His, because being a Christian isn't just following a certain doctrine cause you have to, it's being in a relationship with the Lord Almighty and when you're in a relationship with someone you don't just do as you wish. It's the same principle with God.

I also believe God has a plan for my life! God's plan for my life isn't necessarily the same as my plan for my life, but you collaborate with the person and sometimes you have to put that person first. I put God first in my life, cause He put me first when He decided to die for me on the cross. The plan He has for me isn't an easy one, cause sometimes I have to do stuff that I don't want to do, but I have to because God says so and you can't escape from God's plan,  for example, the story of Jonah. For those who don't know the story, it's about a man named Jonah who was sent to go to Nineveh, a small town to spread a message from God for them, but he didn't want to, because the town was known for being an awful place with bad people. So he tried to run away from what God sent him to do, but God eventually made sure that Jonah went to Nineveh. 

So even if you don't want to do something, if it's what God wants you to do, you have to do it.because God is with us we never have to be scared! He is the person I can trust on with all my heart. He is the person I love most! All I need to do is walk by faith, but is that always easy?
HEK NO!
A lot of friends who don't believe think that being a Christian is easy or that it's always "sunny".  Being a Christian isn't easy at all. To be very honest I have had a lot of cloudy days, more than some people who don't believe, cause being a Christian means that your path to the right thing is very small and your path to distraction is huge because the path to distraction is huge I sometimes have problems with always following the rules, also called the 10 commandments.
                                                 
It's not always easy to be a follower of Christ here in Belgium, although Belgium is a Catholic country, most of the people aren't Christian. So it's very easy for a Christian to take a side way that isn't always right. It's very easy to fall in temptation, cause there is so much that looks good on the outside, but isn't actually good for you. In such situation, you have to pray and ask God to help you so that you don't make mistakes that you may regret later on.

Song of the day; I walk by faith
I walk by faith,
 each step by faith,
 to live by faith
i put my trust in you... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc1trkrAnTw

~Musa




No comments:

Post a Comment