Thursday 21 July 2016

BACIB part 3: God's presence

Today I'm going to talk about the Lord's presence in my life. I've always believed, I'm very happy to say that I was brought up knowing God through my parents. That made choosing for Him easier for me. I chose to follow God myself for the first time when I was about 9 or 10 years old. Then I could proudly say that I believe in Him myself and not just cause mom and dad told me to do so. When I told them that I chose to follow God myself, they were even a little surprised, but very happy.
After I chose to follow Him, life became much more fun. I got my first Bible when I was 12. It was a Dutch youth bible, that I got from the christian group I went to then. I was so happy and proud, I read it so often that the book of psalms and proverbs is almost completely in highlights, LOL! I even started keeping all my notes...


I really used to read my Bible a lot and I really enjoyed it. After reading it so often I even became more open about my christianity to my friends, I wasn't scared to share my beliefs with anyone. I was so proud to say that I love Him and I'm loved by the one and only true God! At that time I was having a hard time in school, but thanks to God's strength, I was able to overcome all troubles and pass those years, cause you know what they say:
People in school always used to ask me how I was so sure God was present in my life and why He doesn't show himself to them too "if He were real". I always used to reply by saying: "I feel Him, I feel His presence. He is with me, He is protecting me. He is protecting you, He loves you,..!"
Whenever something happened that would make them praise me I would refere to Him, but still no one believed me.




 I got backstabbed a lot during my first years of secondary school. At some point they even started calling me crazy for believing in God, but I knew that wasn't true, I knew He was and is present in my life. At first I thought of giving up, but I hate giving up so I decided to pray for them.. As it says in  Philippians 2:3-4 : 
"Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others."
Because I believed that God was present in my life and I kept my relationship with Him, He spoke to me more. God speaks to people through different ways. To me He speaks through my dreams.. After I found out that it was God speaking through my dreams, I started praying for every doubtful dream. The closer I got to God the more I felt His presence and the stronger I became!




The song I'm going to refere to today is "O come to the altar" by Elevation Worship.

"O come to the altar,
the father's arms are open wide.."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYQ5yXCc_CA
~Musa

No comments:

Post a Comment